One of the main components of an AC is the compressor which helps control all the other system’s components. There are times where you may have to call for an AC repair in Naples, FL, due to a compressor failure. While this is common, it is good to be aware of what causes it to happen.
What Are The Reasons?
Some common causes that result in an AC system’s compressor failing are:
- Dirty condenser coils: One of the frequent reasons for a compressor failure is a dirty condenser coil. When dirt settles on it, it prevents the system from expelling enough heat to cool your home. This causes it to run continuously, causing the compressor to overheat and break down. The best way to fix this is to schedule a Naples AC repair.
- Low refrigerant level: There are times when your AC develops a crack in the refrigerant pipeline, causing it to leak. This reduces the amount of refrigerant within your system, causing the compressor to work harder to pump enough refrigerant to cool your home, resulting in it breaking down.
- Wrong Suction line: When your system has developed a leak, the first thing to do is call for an AC repair in Naples, FL. However, ensure that you call for a good technician to help replace the suction line. If the wrong size line is placed, it can cause the compressor to fail.
- Blocked suction line: The refrigerant suction line can become blocked or damaged without sprouting a leak. This prevents the system from being able to cool the air down properly. In turn, this can cause the compressor to overheat due to the increase in pressure and temperature to cool down the air taken in.
- Too much refrigerant: Just like how too little refrigerant can harm the system’s compressor. If a technician recharges the system with too much refrigerant or uses the wrong kind, it can cause the compressor to fail. When scheduling an air conditioning repair in Naples, FL is aware of the company that you choose.
- Not enough Lubrication: It is important to ensure that your system has been lubricated properly. Without proper or enough lubrication, it can cause various parts of your system to jam. This, in turn, puts a strain on the compressor as it struggles to work, which can cause it to overheat.
- Electrical issues: If there are electrical problems with your system, it can result in an acid build-up. One of the best indicators for this would be the burning smell emitting from the system. This, in turn, can damage your compressor. When you call for an AC repair in Naples, ensure that the technician checks for acid build-up within your system.
- Contaminants in the Unit: Another major cause of the compressor failing is contaminants like dirt, dust, leaves, etc., settling within the system. This is often due to the outside unit not being checked and cleared regularly. This puts a strain on all the internal parts of the system, including the compressor.
For those looking for an air conditioning repair in Naples, FL, you can call us at (239) 215-3805.